Click here to download PDF: halloweentreats
Your design will make you famous!
Create the winning design for Elena’s first meet outfit and your name will be added to Elena’s box as the fashion designer. You will also receive a first production Elena Dollfriend® for FREE! Winner will be selected by Facebook Friends vote. Submit a drawing or sew a fashion and take a picture of it and post it on the ViaE.Dollfriends Facebook #Elenasfirstoutfit page by May 31st, 2016.
Use the picture below to draw an outfit or use your Alexis or Tatiana Dollfriend® as a model to sew a new outfit for Elena. No purchased required to win. All ages invited to enter. You can learn more about the making of Elena at: http://www.via-e.com/elena.html
Elena Dollfriend and Via E are trademarks of Via E, Inc. Image of Elena is Copyright© Via E, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Work in small sections.
- Use a spray bottle with detangling solution to help brush out each section and split it into three smaller sections for braiding. Only brush out the section of hair that will be braided. Consider the size of the opening of the beads you are using when determining how much hair each section will contain.
- First, braid the hair around the face, braiding it in the direction you would like it to hang. Start the braiding close to the scalp but don’t make the braids tight. (This is the only place where you will start the braids close to the scalp.)
- Next, braid the top of the head. Make sure you cover the scalp of the head by carefully selecting each section’s hair. (You may need to play a little and cross hair from one section to the other to cover the scalp. There is not only one way to do this. Do what looks good to you.) Start the braiding away from the scalp to ensure good coverage of hair over the scalp.
- Once you have completed the top of the head, continue using the same method, working your way down. Take extra care at the base of the neck if you plan on doing up-dos. You will want to make sure that you cross hair over to cover the scalp so when you pull the hair up, scalp does not show.
- Do not be in a hurry to complete the braiding. Micro braiding takes time, but is easy to care for and lasts a very long time. You will be able to do many fun styles with a head full of micro braids. The look in the picture has 60 braids.
- Use a bead threaded to help pull the beads on to the ends and secure with a matching rubber band that is non-damaging.
- Brush the ends around your finger to give them a uniformed curl. You may need to trim the ends.
Here are some simple braiding instructions for the first time braider: